The Indian market is likely to open flat Friday following mixed global cues. At 8:00 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 9.50 points or 0.08 percent higher at 11,536.50, indicating a flat start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Defence stocks: The government has permitted foreign direct investment (FDI) of up to 74 percent under automatic route in the defence sector.
2. Vodafone Idea: The company has told the telecom regulator that it is dropping the contentious faster data speed claim as part of priority offering and is in the process of filing a revised plan.
3. TVS Motor Company: The company has appointed Auteco SAS as new distributor in Colombia.
4. Vedanta Ltd: Vedanta Resources has approached SEBI for necessary approvals to start the reverse book building process for the delisting of Vedanta Ltd.
5. Hindalco Industries, Hindustan Copper: The companies signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the long-term purchase and sale of copper concentrate produced by Hindustan Copper.
6. Dr Reddy's Laboratories: The company has settled patent litigation for Revlimid with Celgene, a Bristol Myers Squibb Company, which allowed the company to sell Lenalidomide in the US post March 2022.
7. Hindustan Zinc: The company proposes to raise up to Rs 4,000 crore via debentures.
8. Sterling and Wilson Solar: The company has received an order worth Rs 460 crore in Chile.
9. Arrow Greentech: The company’s production operations will recommence at Ankleshwar plant as Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB) issued interim revocation order.
: The company has set rights share issue price at Rs 65 per share. Shareholders will receive eight rights shares for every 85 shares held.