The Indian market is likely to open lower Wednesday following a mixed trend in the Asian peers. At 8:00 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 22.00 points or 0.19 percent lower at 11,509.50, indicating a negative start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
US-based Essential Utilities has selected Infosys as a strategic partner to drive its digital transformation.
2. Bharti Airtel: The company has partnered with Sterlite Technologies to build a modern optical fibre network for Airtel across 10 telecom circles.
3. Lakshmi Vilas Bank: The bank has completed mutual due diligence on merger with Clix Capital Deal and both the parties are in discussions on the next steps.
4. Hexaware Technologies: The company has extended share delisting bid closing date to September 16.
5. Indiabulls Housing Finance: The company has approved the allotment of 3.48 crore equity shares to eligible qualified institutional buyers at issue price of Rs 196.37 per share aggregating to Rs 682.9 crore.
6. SpiceJet: The company reported a loss of Rs 600.5 crore in Q1FY21 as against a profit of Rs 262.8 crore, YoY. Revenue declined to Rs 521 crore from Rs 3,002.8 crore, YoY.
7. Aurobindo Pharma: Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), set up by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India supported Aurobindo's COVID-19 vaccine development under the National Biopharma Mission.
8. REC: The company will infuse Rs 150 crore as equity in a Joint Venture along with Power Finance Corporation, Power Grid Corporation and NTPC, for the purpose of establishment/creation of Common Backend Infrastructure Facility (CBIF) for smart metres in the country.
9. IRB Infrastructure Developers: The company’s subsidiary has executed an agreement with NHAI for an expressway project in Gujarat for a bid cost of Rs 1,724 crore.
10. Siti Networks: The company has approved the acquisition of 51 percent equity stake in E-Net Entertainment, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Siti Broadband Services.