The Indian market is likely to open lower Friday following a mixed trend in the Asian peers. At 7:55 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 42.00 points or 0.36 percent lower at 11,628.20, indicating a negative start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Reliance Industries Ltd: The company will announce Q2FY21 earnings today. Goldman Sachs expects the petchem EBITDA to rise 28 percent, QoQ. It believes that both telecom and retail business is at the cusp of a strong growth period. Nomura expects a 29 percent QoQ growth in Reliance Retail revenues and a 55 percent growth in EBITDA. (Disclosure: Network18, the parent company of CNBCTV18.com, is controlled by Independent Media Trust, of which Reliance Industries is the sole beneficiary.) (Image: Reuters)
2. Vodafone Idea: The company’s net loss in Q2FY21 narrowed to Rs 7,218.2 crore from Rs 50,897.9 crore, YoY. Revenue fell 3 percent to Rs 10,830.5 crore from Rs 11,146.4 crore YoY. Average revenue per user (Arpu) increased to Rs 119 from Rs 107 in Q2FY20 and Rs 114 in Q1FY21.
3. TVS Motor Company: The company’s net profit in Q2FY21 fell 23.1 percent to Rs 196.2 crore from Rs 255 crore while revenue rose 5.9 percent to Rs 4,605.5 crore from Rs 4,347.8 crore, YoY.
4. DHFL: Sources said that the administrator's legal advisors has sent a letter to Kapil Wadhawan in response to his offer for the company stating that his offer was ‘malafide’ and ‘illusionary’
5. HPCL: The company will consider a share buyback on November 4.
6. InterGlobe Aviation: The company reported a loss of Rs 1,194.8 crore in Q2FY21 as against a loss of Rs 1,062 crore. Revenue fell to Rs 2,740.9 crore from Rs 8,105 crore, YoY.
7. Canara Bank: The bank’s net profit in Q2FY21 rose 21.7 percent to Rs 444.1 crore from Rs 364.9 crore while net interest income jumped to Rs 6,296 crore from Rs 3,129 crore, YoY.
8. Welspun Corp: The company’s net profit in Q2FY21 fell to Rs 153.8 crore from Rs 161.1 crore while revenue declined to Rs 1,157.66 crore from Rs 2,262.95 crore, YoY.
9. Hindustan Copper: The company’s board has approved raising up to Rs 2,500 crore via debt.
10. Tata Chemicals
: The company’s net profit in Q2FY21 fell 64 percent to Rs 132.1 crore from Rs 367.3 crore while revenue declined 5.8 percent to Rs 2,609.3 from Rs 2,771.3 crore, YoY).