The Indian market is likely to open higher Friday on short covering after a sharp fall in the previous session. At 8:00 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 67.50 points or 0.58 percent higher at 11762.50, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Bharti Airtel: The Competition Commission of India has approved Carlyle’s stake buy in Nxtra Data Limited, a subsidiary of Bharti Airtel.
2. Mindtree: The company’s Q2FY21 net profit rose 19 percent to Rs 253.7 crore from Rs 213 crore while revenue increased 0.9 percent to Rs 1,926 crore from Rs 1,908.8 crore, QoQ.
3. Cyient: The company’s Q2FY21 net profit rose 3.1 percent to Rs 83.9 crore from Rs 81.4 crore while revenue increased 1.2 percent to Rs 1,003.3 crore from Rs 991.7 crore, QoQ.
4. IndiaMart InterMesh: The company has clarified that there was no discussion with Tata Group for any investment opportunities and the reports were incorrect and purely speculative in nature.
5. CreditAccess Grameen: The company will issue non-convertible debentures (NCDs) worth Rs 100 crore.
6. AstraZeneca Pharma India: The company will launch Calquence medicine in India on October 21. Calquence is used to treat adults with mantle cell lymphoma.
7. Persistent Systems: The company has entered into an agreement to acquire US-based CAPIOT Software for $6.34 million.
8. South Indian Bank: The bank’s net profit in Q2FY21 fell 23 percent to Rs 65.1 crore from Rs 84.5 crore while net interest income rose 13.6 percent to Rs 663.1 crore from Rs 584.3 crore, YoY.
9. Indian Bank: India Ratings & Research has reaffirmed ratings of Indian Bank's outstanding Tier II bonds.
10. Hathway Cable Datacom
: The company reported a consolidated net profit of Rs 52.2 crore in Q2FY21 as against a loss of Rs 2.57 crore, YoY. Revenue fell 2.5 percent to Rs 431.2 crore from Rs 442.1 crore, YoY.