The Indian market is likely to open a little higher Thursday following mixed sentiment in global markets. The September quarter earnings optimism may support investor sentiment. At 8:00 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 37.00 points or 0.31 percent higher at 11,999.00, indicating a mildly positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Infosys: The IT major reported 14.4% QoQ rise in Q2FY21 profit at Rs 4,845 crore and a 3.8 percent rise in revenue at Rs 24,570 crore. The company raised FY21 revenue and margin guidance.
2. Likhitha Infrastructure: The company’s shares will be listed on bourses today.
3. NMDC: The government has approved demerger of the under construction Nagarnar steel plant from NMDC and its strategic divestment by selling the entire government stake.
4. Indiabulls Housing Finance: The National Housing Bank has levied a penalty of Rs 3.5 lakh on the company for non-disclosure of related party transactions.
5. United Spirits: The company has entered into a definitive agreement to sell its entire shareholding in Tern Distilleries for Rs 30 crore.
6. Punjab National Bank: India Ratings and Research has upgraded the bank’s long-term issuer ratings to ‘IND AAA’ from ‘IND AA+’ while resolving the rating watch evolving. The outlook is Stable.
7. Thomas Cook (India): CRISIL has downgraded its ratings on the long-term bank facilities of the company to CRISIL A+ from CRISIL AA-with outlook remaining negative.
8. Tata Steel BSL: The company reported Q2FY21 consolidated net profit at Rs 341.7 crore versus loss of Rs 244 crore, YoY, while revenue increased 21.1% to Rs 5,519.4 crore from Rs 4,554.6 crore, YoY.
9. Tata Elxsi: The company’s net profit in Q2FY21 rose to Rs 78.9 crore from Rs 49.8 crore while revenue increased to Rs 430.2 crore from Rs 385.8 crore, YoY.
10. Jubilant Foodworks
: FPIs raised stake in the company to 37.86% in the September quarter from 36.19% in the June quarter.