The Indian market is likely to open higher Thursday tracking gain in the global markets. At 8:00 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 104.00 points or 0.92 percent higher at 11,358.00, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Reliance Industries: The company announced that co-investors of Silver Lake will invest an additional Rs 1,875 crore into Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd (RRVL), a retail subsidiary of Reliance Industries. This brings the aggregate investment by Silver Lake and its co-investors in RRVL to Rs 9,375 crore, which will translate into a 2.13 percent equity stake in RRVL on a fully diluted basis. (Disclosure: Network18, the parent company of CNBCTV18.com, is controlled by Independent Media Trust, of which Reliance Industries is the sole beneficiary.)
2. ONGC, OIL India: The domestic gas price for October-March, 2020-21 has been cut by 25.1 percent to $1.79 per MMBTU as against the earlier price of $2.39 per MMBTU. The ceiling price for deepwater natural gas is set at $4.06 per MMBTU for H2FY21 period, which was earlier at $5.61 per MMBTU.
3. Inox Leisure, PVR: The central government has allowed cinemas, theatres, and multiplexes to operate with up to 50 percent of their seating capacity from October 15, for which separate SOPs will be issued by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
4. HDFC: The National Housing Bank has imposed a penalty of Rs 1.5 lakh on the corporation for non-compliance with two provisions of the Housing Finance Companies (NHB) Directions, 2010 during the financial year 2018-19.
5. Bank of Baroda: The bank has dissolved its wholly-owned nonfunctional subsidiary in UK with effect from September 22. As on date, the bank has a wholesale branch and a wholly-owned retail subsidiary viz. Bank of Baroda (UK) Ltd. in UK.
6. Chemcon Speciality Chemicals: The company’s shares will be listed on exchanges after finalising issue price at Rs 340 per share.
7. Computer Age Management Services: The company's shares will be listed on bourses. The Chennai-based company has raised Rs 2,244.3 crore at a price of Rs 1,230 per share from the issue.
8. Punjab National Bank: The state-run lender has reported a borrowal fraud of Rs 1,203.26 crore in the non-performing assets (NPA) account of Sintex Industries Ltd.
9. Dhanlaxmi Bank: The shareholders of the bank have rejected the appointment of Sunil Gurbaxani as managing director and chief executive officer of the bank.
: The company has launched cancer drug Lapatinib tablets in the US.