The Indian market is likely to open higher Thursday amid a mixed trend in global peers. At 8:00 am, the SGX Nifty, an early indicator of India benchmark Nifty, was trading 58.00 points or 0.45 percent higher at 12,921.00, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Lakshmi Vilas Bank: The bank will be merged with DBS Bank India with effect from November 27, and its shares will be written off and de-listed from same date. The moratorium will now be lifted on November 27 against December 16 earlier.
2. HDFC Bank: The bank has signed MoU with Inventivepreneur Chamber of Commerce & Industries (ICCI) to support SMEs and Start-ups.
3, Future Consumer: Rajnikant Sabnavis resigned as the company’s CEO.
4. Future Retail: The company’s plea to be excluded from being a party to the Amazon-Future Coupons' arbitration proceedings has been turned down and the Court of Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) has ordered that the arbitration shall proceed.
5. Ashok Leyland: The company has closed the Chennai plant as a precautionary measure in view of Cyclone Nivar. The company expects to resume operations at the facility from November 27.
6. AstraZeneca Pharma India: AstraZeneca and Oxford University have acknowledged a manufacturing error that is raising questions about preliminary results of their experimental COVID-19 vaccine.
7. Siemens: The company reported profit at Rs 330.2 crore in Q4FY20 as compared to Rs 333.9 crore, revenue fell to Rs 3,546.8 crore from Rs 3,894.4 crore YoY. The company recommended a dividend of Rs 7 per share of Rs 2 each for the financial year ended September 2020.
8. Cochin Shipyard: The company is building two autonomous electric vessels with zero carbon emission for a Norwegian company.
9. Laurus Labs: The company has signed definitive agreements with the Eight Roads Ventures, VenturEast Proactive Fund and VenturEast Life Fund III to acquire 72.55 percent stake in biotech firm Richcore Lifesciences for a cash consideration of Rs 246.67 crore.
10. Union Bank of India
: The bank will obtain shareholders' approval for raising of equity capital upto Rs 6,800 crore by way of various modes.