Indian shares are expected to make a muted opening following negative sentiment in the global markets. Among the stocks in news today, the telecom sector will be in focus after the government decided to defer payments of spectrum charges. The government has also approved stake sales in five CPSEs, including BPCL, Shipping Corp of India and Container Corp of India.
Here is a list of stocks that are in focus today:
- Union Cabinet approves the sale of government's stake in Bharat Petroleum, Shipping Corp of India and Container Corp of India.
- Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea: The government decides to grant a 2-year moratorium for telecom companies to pay their spectrum dues.
- Zee Entertainment’s promoter Essel Group decides to sell 16.5 percent stake to raise around Rs 5,000 crore to repay loan obligations.
- The Reserve Bank of India supersedes the board of Dewan Housing Finance and appointed an administrator.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) announces the launch of a first-of-its-kind innovation Hub in Hyderabad, India.
- Tata Motors: Moody's has assigned a B1 rating to JLR's 500 million euro proposed notes.
- Jubilant Life Sciences: China decides to terminate the 17.6 percent anti‐dumping duty on imported pyridine originating in India.
- Prabhat Dairy board approves the issue of NCD worth Rs 200 crore for working capital needs.
- Reliance Capital: The Delhi High Court passes an order placing restrictions on any sale, disposal or creation of any encumbrance on any assets of the company.
- OIL India commences exploration activities including seismic survey data acquisition in Rajasthan's Siyasar block won under OALP-I round.