The Indian market is likely to open lower Thursday following losses in global markets as concerns about rising coronavirus infections and new shutdowns in major US cities overshadowed investors’enthusiasm about COVID-19 vaccine developments. At 7:50 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 101.50 points or 0.78 percent lower at 12,892.50, indicating a negative start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. TCS: The IT services major has fixed the record date for the buyback of shares on November 28.
2. Wipro: The company has fixed the record date for the buyback of shares on December 11.
3. Hero MotoCorp: The company’s retail sales stood at 14 lakh units in the 32-day festive period and inventory was at an all-time low for the festive season.
4. InterGlobe Aviation, SpiceJet: DGCA says IndiGo's passenger load factor increased to 68.2 percent in October against 65.4 percent in September, and SpiceJet's passenger load factor rose to 74 percent versus 73 percent in the same period. IndiGo market share at 55.5 percent and SpiceJet at 13.4 percent in October.
5. Pfizer: The company has completed Phase-3 trials of the COVID-19 vaccine and the final vaccine efficacy at end of Phase-3 trials is 95 percent.
6. ACC: The company has entered into a Share Purchase Agreement with M/s NG Ghadiya Group to divest its wholly-owned subsidiary National Limestone Company Private Ltd for Rs 20 crore.
7. HFCL: Promoter entity MN Ventures acquired 7.5 lakh equity shares in the company via open market transaction.
8. GPT Infraprojects: The company has bagged an order worth Rs 162.83 crore.
9. Tata Steel Long Products: Tata Steel to sell 4.51 lakh equity shares of the company in the open market from November 20 to December 15 this year, for achieving minimum public shareholding of the company.
10. GTPL Hathway
: The company has sold its entire 61.50 percent stake in GTPL Space City Private for Rs 18.74 lakh.