The Indian market is likely to open lower Friday following losses in Asian peers on weak global cues amid rising tensions between the United States and China. At 7:45 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 30.00 points or 0.32 percent lower at 9,396.00, indicating a negative start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Reliance Industries: Today is the final trading day for RIL Rights Entitlement. (Disclaimer: Reliance Industries Ltd. is the sole beneficiary of Independent Media Trust which controls Network18 Media & Investments Ltd.)
2. TVS Motor Company: The company reported a 45 percent decline in Q4FY20 net profit to Rs 74 crore while total revenue fell 20.6 percent to Rs 3,481.4 crore, YoY. The company's overall two-wheeler and three-wheeler sales including exports in Q4FY20 were at 6,32,920 units as against 9,07,306 units in Q4FY19.
3. Yes Bank: The bank will not be available for trading in Futures & Options segment from May 29.
4. NIIT Technologies: The company's Rs 337.46 crore buyback issue opens today.
5. Cadila Healthcare: the company’s formulations manufacturing unit at Baddi received an Establishment Inspection Report (EIR) from USFDA.
6. HCL Technologies: The company has expanded its global preferred services partnership with Broadcom Inc to include Symantec Enterprise Division (SED) consulting services.
7. CEAT Ltd: The company’s net profit in Q4FY20 fell to Rs 51.88 crore from Rs 64.25 crore while revenue declined to Rs 1,573.4 crore from Rs 1,760.5 crore, YoY.
8. Bank of India: The RBI has imposed Rs 5 crore fine on the bank for non-compliance with its IRAC (Income Recognition, Asset Classification) norms with respect to divergence cases.
9. Karnataka Bank: The RBI has imposed Rs 1.20 crore fine on the bank for non-compliance with its IRAC (Income Recognition, Asset Classification) norms with respect to divergence cases.
The board of directors has approved the proposal regarding diversification of business of the company by the development of Solar Power Projects as Intermediary Procurer through Solar Power Developers.