The Indian benchmark indices, Sensex and Nifty, are likely to have a muted start on Thursday following mixed trade in Asian peers. At 7:55 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 64.25 points or 0.71 percent lower at 9,021.75, indicating a negative start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. InterGlobe Aviation, Spicejet: Airline stocks will be in focus after civil aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced that flight operations will resume from 25 May in a calibrated manner.
2. Bajaj Auto: The company reported a marginal rise in Q4FY20 net profit to Rs 1,310 crore from Rs 1,305.6 crore while revenue from operations declined 8.1 percent YoY to Rs 6,815.85 crore due to lower sales volumes on account of the novel coronavirus-led lockdown.
3. Jubilant Foodworks: The company reported a 72 percent YoY fall in standalone net profit to Rs 21 crore in Q4FY20. Revenue from operations rose to Rs 897.9 crore from Rs 865.2 crore in Q4FY19. Domino’s like-for-like (LFL) sales growth, during the quarter, fell to -2.3 percent, while same-store growth (SSG) came at -3.4 percent.
4. Tata Power: The company has acquired 10 percent stake in Adjaristqali Netherlands B.V. from International Finance Corporation through its wholly-owned subsidiary Tata Power International Pte Ltd (TPIPL) for $150,000. Post this acquisition, Tata Power, through TPIPL, holds 50 percent stake in Adjaristqali Netherlands B.V.
5. Ajanta Pharma: The company reported a 45 percent rise in consolidated net profit to Rs 129.16 crore for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020.
6. Mahindra Logistics: Profit in Q4FY20 fell to Rs 9.73 crore versus Rs 23.53 crore while revenue fell to Rs 812 crore from Rs 1,015 cror, YoY.
7. Kalpataru Power Transmission: The board of the approved buyback of shares worth Rs 200 crore at a maximum price of Rs 275 per share.
8. Blue Star: CARE Ratings has revised the outlook to Negative from Stable due to the temporary shutdown of manufacturing facilities, and expected lower demand of consumer durables in the near to medium term.
9. Shalimar Paints: The company has resumed its operations.
10. Deepak Fertilizer & Petrochemicals Corporation:
The company’s board will consider and approve a proposal to issue equity shares to existing shareholders on Rights basis May 25.