The Indian market is likely to open higher on Thursday following gains in global markets amid positive developments overnight on a potential new treatment for COVID-19. At 8 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 196.35 points or 2.06 percent higher at 9,745.50, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50. Here are today’s top 10 buzzing stocks:
1. Wipro: The company and Nutanix will launch digital database services (DDS) powered by Nutanix Era and Nutanix HCI software.
2. Bharti Airtel: The company has clarified that it already has a long term strategic partnership with Nokia since a decade for enhancement of the network capacity.
3. Vodafone Idea: The Supreme Court has directed the Income-Tax Department to refund an amount of Rs 733 crore to the company within 4 weeks.
4. Indiabulls Housing Finance: The Delhi High Court has stayed interim relief given to Indiabulls Housing Finance. The court had earlier given relief to the firm in its discharge of dues to non-convertible debentures (NCD) holders. The court’s interim order had directed that no coercive action be taken against Indiabulls Housing for non-payment of NCD dues.
5. M&M Financial Services: The company has divested 49 percent stake in its subsidiary Mahindra Asset Management Company Pvt Ltd to Manulife Investment Management (Singapore) Pte for Rs 265 crore.
6. Suven Pharmaceuticals: The company has clarified that the damages to all the equipment, furniture & fixtures due to fire in R&D labs in Jeedimetla Unit is estimated around Rs 18 crore and were fully insured.
7. Punjab & Sind Bank: The bank’s board will meet on May 5 to consider raising equity capital up to an amount of Rs 500 crore through QIP route in one or more tranches within the next 12 months
8. Polycab India: The company’s board will consider the proposal for investment/acquisition of shares on May 2.
9. RBL Bank: BNP Paribas Arbitrage has purchased 29,79,801 shares of the company at Rs 125.42 per share.
Amansa Holdings Pvt Ltd has acquired 21,11,780 shares in the company at Rs 205 per share.