The Indian market is likely to open higher on Thursday following gains in global markets amid positive developments overnight on a potential new treatment for COVID-19. At 8 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 196.35 points or 2.06 percent higher at 9,745.50, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50. Here are today’s top 10 buzzing stocks:
The company and Nutanix will launch digital database services (DDS) powered by Nutanix Era and Nutanix HCI software.
2. Bharti Airtel: The company has clarified that it already has a long term strategic partnership with Nokia since a decade for enhancement of the network capacity.
3. Vodafone Idea: The Supreme Court has directed the Income-Tax Department to refund an amount of Rs 733 crore to the company within 4 weeks.
4. Indiabulls Housing Finance: The Delhi High Court has stayed interim relief given to Indiabulls Housing Finance. The court had earlier given relief to the firm in its discharge of dues to non-convertible debentures (NCD) holders. The court’s interim order had directed that no coercive action be taken against Indiabulls Housing for non-payment of NCD dues.
5. M&M Financial Services: The company has divested 49 percent stake in its subsidiary Mahindra Asset Management Company Pvt Ltd to Manulife Investment Management (Singapore) Pte for Rs 265 crore.
6. Suven Pharmaceuticals: The company has clarified that the damages to all the equipment, furniture & fixtures due to fire in R&D labs in Jeedimetla Unit is estimated around Rs 18 crore and were fully insured.
7. Punjab & Sind Bank: The bank’s board will meet on May 5 to consider raising equity capital up to an amount of Rs 500 crore through QIP route in one or more tranches within the next 12 months
8. Polycab India: The company’s board will consider the proposal for investment/acquisition of shares on May 2.
9. RBL Bank: BNP Paribas Arbitrage has purchased 29,79,801 shares of the company at Rs 125.42 per share.
10. Cyient: Amansa Holdings Pvt Ltd has acquired 21,11,780 shares in the company at Rs 205 per share.