The Indian markets are set to open lower on Monday following losses in Asian peers amid sell-off by investors as the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread rapidly across the world. At 6:45 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 1,087.15 points or 12.42 percent lower at 7,667.25, indicating a negative start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
1. Tata Motors: The company has started rapidly scaling down operations at its Pune plant and is being ready for plant closure by March 24.
2. Hero MotoCorp: The company has decided to shut all operations at India, Columbia, Bangladesh with immediate effect.
3. Maruti Suzuki: The country’s largest passenger car manufacturer has stopped all operations at its Haryana facilities immediate effect till further notice.
4. Eicher Motors: Royal Enfield has shut down all manufacturing and R&D facilities in India and abroad till March 31.
5. TVS Motor Company: The company has decided to shut operations at all its manufacturing facilities and offices for two days effective March 23.
6. IRCTC: The company has ordered closure of all onboard catering services in mail or express trains from March 22.
7. SBI Life Insurance Company: Gregory Zeluck has resigned as non-executive director w.e.f March 20.
8. Hindustan Unilever: The company has decided to reduce prices of sanitizers, handwash and floor cleaners by 15 percent.
9. Godrej Consumer Products: The company has reduced the price of its Godrej protekt sanitizer (50 ml bottle) to Rs 25 from Rs 75.
10. Dalmia Bharat:
The company has approved a Rs 500 crore worth share buyback proposal. It intends to buy 71,42,857 shares at Rs 700 per unit.