The Indian markets are likely to open higher in line with global peers as the SGX Nifty, the early indicator of Indian Nifty in Singapore, is trading 40.60 points or 0.49 percent higher at 8,246.50 at 8 am. India's Asian peers are trading in the green with the Chinese, Korean, Hong Kong and Australian markets trading in the green, taking cues from the overnight Wall Street close.
Here are today's top buzzing stocks:
1. Aviation stocks: SpiceJet, IndiGo will be in focus after CNBC-TV18 reported that the government may be looking at providing relief measures on taxes.
2. Bank of Baroda: The state-owned lender has announced zero charges on digital transactions for three months amid Covid-19 outbreak.
3. State Bank of India: Board on March 27 will consider extension of approval accorded by Central Board for raising equity capital from market up to Rs 20,000 crore till March 31, 2021.
4. Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries: The company has approved buy-back of equity shares worth Rs 1,700 crore from the open market at a maximum price of Rs 425 per share.
5. Indiabulls Housing Finance: The company has clarified that it has no loans outstanding from Yes bank.
6. Syngene International: The company has commenced operations and successfully processed the first order in its newly setup manufacturing facility at Mangalore SEZ.
7. ICICI Lombard: The private insurer has launched a dedicated insurance cover for Coronavirus.
8. CreditAccess Grameen: The company has completed the acquisition of 75.64 percent of the equity share capital of Madura Micro Finance.
9. Lakshmi Vilas Bank: Sanjay Khemani has resigned as Independent Director.
The company has decided to close JV agreement with BNV Gujarat Rail, subject to further approval if any.