The Indian markets are likely to open lower tracking its Asian peers as fears over the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic continues to weigh on investor sentiment. At 7:05 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 9.70 points or 0.12 percent lower at 8,424.00, indicating a negative start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are top buzzing stocks for today:
1. Wipro: The company has launched Microsoft business unit for digital transformation solutions.
2. Reliance Industries: The company has taken over some of the debt liabilities of Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd following approval from the NCLT.
3. VST Tillers Tractors: The company’s power tillers sales in February has dropped by 8.96 percent to 1,361 units from 1,495 units YoY and tractors sales have fallen by 11 percent to 564 units from 581 units, YoY.
4. Ashok Leyland: The company’s board has approved the acquisition of upto 19 percent additional equity shares in Hinduja Leyland Finance Ltd for a consideration not exceeding Rs 1,200 crore.
5. Karur Vysya Bank: The bank has entered into precious metals business.
6. JSW Steel: CARE Ratings has revised ratings of the company’ long term facilities to CARE AA- Stable from CARE AA Negative. Short term ratings remained unchanged.
7. Alphageo (India): The company has received Rs 76.67 crore contract from Oil India for 2D and 3D seismic data acquisition and processing services in Oil's OALP areas of Mahanadi Basin, Odisha.
8. Vakrangee: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has renewed the authorization issued to Vakrangee for white label ATMs till March 31, 2021.
9. Piramal Enterprises: The company has canceled its board meeting scheduled on March 18 to consider interim dividends due to the coronavirus outbreak.
ICRA has kept ratings on company unchanged at ICRA A- Positive/ICRA A1+.