The Indian market is likely to open higher Monday following gains in Asian peers amid positive global cues. At 8:00 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 222.00 points or 1.53 percent higher at 14,746.50, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Auto Stocks: Shares of automobile companies will be in focus today as they will release February sales data.
2. Telecom companies: The bidding for the sixth round of 2,251.25 MHz of spectrum worth Rs 3.92 lakh crore will commence today.
3. Reliance Industries: Reliance Strategic Business Ventures Ltd has acquired an additional stake in skyTran Inc. for USD 26.76 million, thereby increasing its shareholding to 54.46 percent.
4. Indian Oil Corporation: The company will invest Rs 32,946 crore to expand Panipat refinery capacity to 25 million tonnes per year from 15 million tonnes per year earlier.
5. Maruti Suzuki India: The company has accomplished the landmark of exporting 20 lakh vehicle from India.
6. Affle (India): The company at its board meeting approved the fundraising of upto Rs 1,080 crore.
7. Tata Chemicals: The company appointed Nandakumar S Tirumalai as the Chief Financial Officer after John Mulhall was elevated to Managing Director & CEO of subsidiary Tata Chemicals North America, Inc.
8. KEC International: The company has secured new orders of Rs 1,140 crore across its various businesses.
9. Bank of Maharashtra: The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 2 crore on the bank for non-compliance with certain direction on fraud classification and reporting.
10. Acrysil: The company has commenced commercial production of additional 1 lakh units after completion of capacity expansion of Quartz kitchen sinks at Bhavnagar plant in Gujarat from 5 lakh units to 6 lakh units per annum.(Disclosure: Network18, the parent company of CNBCTV18.com, is controlled by Independent Media Trust, of which Reliance Industries is the sole beneficiary.)