The Indian market is likely to open flat-to-higher Wednesday following mixed trend in Asian peers as concerns over rising coronavirus cases continue to linger. At 7:50 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 23.55 points or 0.22 percent higher at 10,779.50, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Cipla: The company is expected to launch its version of the drug Remdesivir in 1-2 days. The first batch of Cipla's Remdesivir has left the manufacturing site of Sovereign Pharma, the Daman-based company that was contracted to make finished dosages of Remdesivir.
2. Maruti Suzuki India: The company’s production in June declined to 50,742 units as against 111,917 units, YoY.
3. Yes Bank: The bank’s Capital Raising Committee has approved fund raising via Further Public Offering (FPO). The bank is expected to raise around Rs 10,000 - 15,000 crore, depending on investor appetite, sources told CNBC-TV18.
4. Titan Company: The company’s jewellery business revenue in May and June months was at slightly below 20 percent and around 70 percent compared to the corresponding months of the previous year. As at the end of June 2020, the company has re-opened around 83 percent of its stores across all businesses.
5. Adani Ports & SEZ: The company’s board has approved rising up to $1.25 billion via dollar denominated foreign currency bonds.
6. Coal India: The company said that the unions resorted to strike from the first shift of July 2 to the third shift of July 4. The strike was peaceful without any untoward incidence. Normalcy has been resorted from July 5.
7. NLC India: The company’s cement production in Q1FY21 fell 16 percent to 4.65 lakh ton and cement boards production declined 26 percent to 12,570 ton.
8. BEML: The company’s board has approved the closure of its loss making arm Vignyan Industries.
9. Zuari Agro Chemicals: The company has shut down a plant due to the non-availability of workers owing to COVID-19.
10. Birlasoft: The company has partnered with Innoveo to fast-track the journey to digital excellence.