The Indian market is likely to open higher on Friday amid mixed trade in Asian peers. At 8:05 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 47.50 points or 0.43 percent higher at 11,149.00, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Reliance Industries: The company’s consolidated net profit in Q1FY21 increased 30.6 percent to Rs 13,248 crore from Rs 10,104 crore while revenue fell to Rs 91,238 crore from Rs 1,62,353 crore, YoY. Jio clocked a 182 percent YoY growth in its net profit to Rs 2,520 crore while ARPU came in at Rs 140. (Disclosure: Network18, the parent company of CNBCTV18.com, is controlled by Independent Media Trust, of which Reliance Industries is the sole beneficiary.)
2. Wipro: UK-based Metro Bank has awarded Wipro a multi-year contract to deliver and transform testing and environment management services.
3. SpiceJet: The Airports Authority of India (AAI) had placed SpiceJet's operations under "cash and carry" arrangement at all airports, via a notice issued on July 29. However, the decision has now been deferred. Under the cash and carry mode, an airline can use airport facilities only after making advance payments.
4. HDFC: The shareholders gave the approval to raise up to Rs 1.25 lakh via NCDs, approval for the sale of shares held in HDFC Life Insurance and HDFC Ergo General Insurance.
5. Lakshmi Vilas Bank: The bank has extended the exclusivity period for the amalgamation of Clix Capital Services and Clix Finance into the bank till September 15, 2020, because of the delay in due diligence on account of the current pandemic and the travel restrictions.
6. InterGlobe Aviation: The company’s board has decided to further deliberate on the matter relating to raising funds at a subsequent meeting.
7. UltraTech Cement: The company has completed the divestment process of Shandong Binani Rongan Cement Co. Ltd. upon receipt of all regulatory approvals.
8. Adani Power: The Competition Commission of India has approved the company's 49 percent stake buy in Odisha Power.
9. Torrent Pharma: The company’s Q1FY21 net profit rose 48.6 percent to Rs 321 crore from Rs 216 crore and revenue increased 1.7 percent to Rs 2,056 crore from Rs 2,022 crore, YoY.
10. Indian Overseas Bank:
The bank’s board has approved raising up to Rs 500 crore via equity and Rs 1,500 crore in Tier II capital.