The Indian market is likely to open lower Thursday tracking losses in Asian peers amid weak global cues. At 7:45 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 88.00 points or 0.63 percent lower at 13,892.00, indicating a negative start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Axis Bank: The bank’s net profit in Q3FY21 declined 36.4 percent to Rs 1,116.6 crore from Rs 1,757 crore, while net interest income (NII) rose 14.3 percent to Rs 7,372.7 crore from Rs 6,453 crore, YoY.
2. Hindustan Unilever: The company reported a profit of Rs 1,921 crore in Q3FY21, up 18.9 percent from Rs 1,616 crore, YoY, while, revenue rose 20.9 percent to Rs 11,862 crore from Rs 9,808 crore, YoY. Volume growth was at 4 percent.
3. State Bank of India: Swaminathan Janakiraman and Aswini Kumar Tewari have been appointed as Managing Directors of the bank for three years.
4. Hero MotoCorp: The company will soon commence operations in Mexico and has entered into a distribution agreement with Grupo Salinas for the Mexico market.
5. NTPC: The company's 140 MW solar photovoltaic project in Uttar Pradesh started commercial operations.
6. United Spirits: The company’s net profit fell 11.2 percent to Rs 229.9 crore from 258.8 crore, while revenue declined 3.6 percent to Rs 2,488.3 crore from Rs 2,582.5 crore, YoY.
7. Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail: The company has acquired 51 percent stake in luxury designer brand Sabyasachi for Rs 398 crore.
8. PVR: The company has launched QIP to raise Rs 800 crore. The floor price for the issue has been fixed at Rs 1,495.93 per equity share.
9. PNB Housing Finance: The NBFC’s consolidated net profit in Q3FY21 fell marginally to Rs 232 crore from Rs 237 crore, while revenue fell by 9 percent to Rs 1,896 crore from Rs 2,075 crore, YoY. Net interest margin stood at 3.2 percent as compared to 3 percent, YoY.
10. Bank of India: The lender has raised Rs 750 crore by issuing Basel III compliant bonds. The coupon on the bonds was 9.04 percent for five years and it carries a call option.