The Indian market is likely to open higher on Wednesday as the trend on SGX Nifty indicates a positive start for the broader index in India amid relatively stronger global cues. The Nifty futures were trading 61.50 points or 0.42 percent higher at the 14,836.00 level on the Singaporean Exchange at 7:50 am.
Here are the buzzing stocks of the day:
1. Coal India: The company’s board will meet on March 5 to announce the second interim dividend.
2. Tata Consumer Products: The company will replace GAIL in Nifty 50 index from March 31.
3. Aurobindo Pharma: The company has entered in binding agreements to invest Rs 5 crore in both its power plants in Hyderabad, aggregating up to over Rs 10 crore by subscribing to additional equity shares to avail the benefit of captive consumption of solar power.
4. NTPC: The company executed a share purchase agreement with GAIL, to buy GAIL's 25.51 percent shareholding in Ratnagiri Gas and to exit from Konkan LNG.
5. REC: The company has priced $500,000,000, 2.25 percent notes due 2026, on February 22, 2021, under its USD 7 billion Global Medium Term Note Programme. The settlement date for the Notes is expected to be March 1, 2021.
6. Mazagon Dock: The company signed MoU with Mumbai Port Trust in Maritime India Summit 2021.
7. UPL: The company issued a closure notice for the entire plant saying that operating the plant is a safety risk. The closure will take place gradually as the immediate shutdown of a chemical unit may lead to another accident.
8. Tata Power: The company will issue NCDs worth Rs 900 crore on a private placement basis.
9. United Spirits: The company initiated a strategic review of selected popular brands, which is expected to be completed by the end of CY 2021.
10. SBI Cards: The company will issue NCDs worth Rs 550 crore.(Disclosure: Network18, the parent company of CNBCTV18.com, is controlled by Independent Media Trust, of which Reliance Industries is the sole beneficiary.)