The Indian market is likely to open higher Monday following gains in Asian peers. At 8:00 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 15.50 points or 0.10 percent higher at 15,010.00, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. NTPC: The company has commissioned 5 mega watt (MW) solar capacity at a project in Auraiya, Uttar Pradesh.
2. Jubilant FoodWorks: The company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Jubilant Foodworks Netherlands BV has entered into a purchase agreement to fully acquire Fides Food Systems Coöperatief UA.
3. Torrent Power: The company has emerged as the highest bidder for 51 percent privatization of Power Distribution Company in the UT of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
4. Jet Airways (India): The airline may be able to fly again by July or August of this year, the potential new owner Murari Lal Jalan, the lead member of the Jalan-Kalrock consortium, told CNBC-TV18.
5. Karnataka Bank: The bank reported to the RBI a fraud of about Rs 34.16 crore in credit facilities extended to IL&FS Transportation Networks, which is a dud account now.
6. Narayana Hrudayalaya: The company will invest USD 100 million for capacity expansion in Cayman Islands.
7. Aarti Drugs: The company wound up UAE-based subsidiary Pinnacle Life Science LLC.
8. Lincoln Pharmaceuticals: ICRA has upgraded the company’s long-term rating to ICRA A and short-term rating to ICRA A1.
9. Foseco India: The company has approved the appointment of Mohit Mangal, as the chief financial officer (CFO) in place of R Umesh.
10. Mahindra Lifespace Developers
: The company will invest around Rs 500 crore to build a new housing project in Pune, CEO Viral Oza told PTI.