The Indian market is likely to open higher Wednesday on positive global cues as the commencement of coronavirus vaccine rollout in the UK fueled optimism among investors. At 7:55 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 43.50 points or 0.32 percent higher at 13,459.00, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. ICICI Bank, ICICI Securities: ICICI Bank will sale of up to 2.21 percent stake in ICICI Securities via OFS on December 9 and 10 at a floor price of Rs 440 per share.
2. TCS: The IT services major has launched new Blockchain-based Digital Bank Guarantee Platform in Israel. Bank Hapoalim has signed up as the anchor customer for the platform.
3. Tata Steel: S&P has revised the company’s outlook to ‘Stable’ from ‘Negative’ and affirmed ‘B+’ rating.
4. Wipro: The company will give wage hikes to junior employees with effect from January 1, 2021.
5. Yes Bank: Brickwork Ratings has upgraded the rating of Tier I Subordinated Perpetual Bonds (Basel II) to BWR BB+/ Stable.
6. JSW Steel: The company’s November crude steel output rose 3 percent on-year to 13.32 lakh tonnes.
7. Coal India: The company’s coal allocation to the power sector under special e-auction registered a 27.7 percent rise to 16.48 million tonnes in the April-October 2020 period.
8. AstraZeneca Pharma India: Oxford University and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine is safe and highly effective in preventing coronavirus disease, confirms data published in The Lancet, a medical journal.
9. Pfizer: The US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) released two separate analyses and concluded that Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine has 'favourable safety profile'.
10. Prestige Estates Projects
: The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of some assets of the company by Blackstone.