The Indian market is likely to open higher Tuesday following strong global cues. At 8:00 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 44.00 points or 0.32 percent higher at 13,932.00, indicating a positive start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Wipro: The Rs 9,500 crore share buyback of the company begins today and closes on January 11.
2. ICICI Bank: Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has sold 13.8 crore shares, representing 2.002 percent stake in the bank through open market transactions over a period of November 27 to December 24, 2020. Following the stake sale, LIC’s holding in the bank has reduced to 6.74 percent from 8.74 percent earlier, it said.
3. Biocon: The company has expanded its generic formulations portfolio with the launch of Tacrolimus capsules in the US.
4. TVS Motor Company: The company has introduced the 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V with Bluetooth enabled TVS SmartXonnect in Bangladesh.
5. Titan Company: The company’s board has approved to provide corporate guarantees aggregating to Rs 906 crore to various banks on behalf of Titan Commodity Trading Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company.
6. AU Small Finance Bank: The bank has partnered with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance to offer customised, need and goal-based Life Insurance solution.
7. Tube Investment of India: The company has completed one-time settlement and restructuring of funded and guaranteed debt to CG Power as per the terms agreed upon.
8. SBI Life Insurance Company: The company has approved the appointment of Shobinder Duggal as an additional director.
9. 3i Infotech: The company has approved slump sale of the global software products business on a going concern basis to Azentio Software for up to Rs 1,141 crore.
10. Great Eastern Shipping
: The company has delivered its 2000 built Suezmax Crude Carrier “Jag Lateef” to the buyers.