The Indian market is likely to open lower Wednesday on weak global cues as investors remained concerned about a new faster-spreading variant of the coronavirus. At 8:00 am, the SGX Nifty was trading 50.50 points or 0.37 percent lower at 13,432.50, indicating a negative start for the Sensex and Nifty50.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Infosys: The IT major has announced a large deal with Daimler AG, also taking over its employees in Germany, the US and APAC region.
2. Wipro: The company’s share buyback offer will open on December 29 and close on January 11. Additionally, the company has signed a strategic digital and IT deal with METRO AG.
3. Bajaj Auto: The company has signed an MoU with the Maharashtra government to set up a manufacturing unit in Chakan and will invest Rs 650 crore.
4. Mahindra & Mahindra: The company had made a commitment of Rs 680 crore worth of loans for its arm SsangYong Motor out of which Rs 408 crore of loan repayments have been missed by the arm which were due on December 14.
5. Jubilant FoodWorks: The company has introduced "The Unthinkable Pizza", India's first plant protein-based product.
6. Aster DM Healthcare: The company has selected Cayman Islands to set up a Clinical Excellence hub for the Western Hemisphere.
7. Punjab National Bank: Life Insurance Corporation of India increased its stake in the bank to 7.73 percent from 4.12 percent via QIP.
8. Fine Organic Industries: The Maharashtra Pollution Control Board has given notice for closure of operations at the company’s Thane Factory due to violation of air and water pollution acts.\
9. Zensar Technologies: The company has been selected by UK rural insurer NFU Mutual as strategic tech and digital services partner.
10. Forbes & Company
: The company will sell Chandivali (Mumbai) land to GPX India and Equinix India for Rs 200 crore.