The Indian market is likely to open higher Tuesday as the trend on SGX Nifty indicates a positive start for the broader index in India. The Nifty futures were trading with a gain of 147.50 points or 1.11 percent at the 13,410.50 level on the Singaporean Exchange at 7:50 am.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. SpiceJet, InterGlobe Aviation: The aviation stocks will be in focus after India suspended UK flights till December 31.
2. Hotel stocks: Indian Hotel, EIH, Kamat Hotels, among other hotel stocks will be in focus after the Maharashtra government announced Night Curfew from 11 pm to 6 am in municipal corporation areas from December 22 to January 5.
3. Tata Motors: The automobile major will increase prices of commercial vehicles starting January, due to a rise in input cost, forex impact.
4. Lupin: The pharma major has received US FDA nod for generic of Banzel oral suspension.
5. Pfizer: The European Medicines Agency has authorized Pfizer, BioNTech’s COVID vaccine in the EU.
6. NIIT Ltd: The company’s board will consider share buyback on December 24.
7. Thermax: First Energy has become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Thermax.
8. GTPL Hathway: The company has increased its shareholding in subsidiary GTPL Abhilash Communication.
9. Wendt (India): The company’s promoters will sell up to 4.74 percent stake via OFS during December 22-23 at a floor price set at Rs 2,200 per share.
10. Engineers India
: The company has set the record date set as January 1 for share buyback. The company will buyback almost 7 crore shares aggregating to Rs 587 crore.