Indian indices are likely to open in the green on Thursday tracking gains in Asian peers after Wall Street’s S&P 500 index briefly touched record highs in overnight trade. SGX Nifty also indicated a positive opening for Sensex, Nifty.
Here are the top 10 buzzing stocks for today:
1. Ashok Leyland: The company reported net loss of Rs 388.8 crore in Q1FY21 as against a profit of Rs 243 crore in the year-ago period. Revenue declined 88.5 percent to Rs 650.9 crore from Rs 5,684 crore, YoY. EBITDA was at Rs 333.2 crore as compared to EBITDA gain of Rs 537 crore, YoY.
2. Aurobindo Pharma: The company’s net profit in Q1FY21 rose 22.8 percent to Rs 780.7 crore from Rs 635.7 crore while revenue increased 8.8 percent to Rs 5,924.8 crore from 5,444.6 crore, YoY. EBITDA rose 9.7 percent to Rs 1,257.4 crore from Rs 1,146.4 crore while EBITDA margin increased to 21.2 percent from 21.1 percent, YoY.
3. Indiabulls Housing Finance: The company has appointed former deputy RBI governor Subhash Sheoratan Mundra as its non-executive chairman with immediate effect. Sameer Gehlaut has relinquished the office of Executive Chairman of the company and he will be CEO at Indiabulls Ventures.
4. Britannia Industries: The company will consider raising funds via Commercial Papers on August 17.
5. Tata Power: The company’s net profit in Q1FY21 rose 10.2 percent to Rs 268.1 crore from Rs 243.08 crore while revenue fell 16.9 percent to Rs 6,453 crore from Rs 7,766.7 crore, YoY.
6. Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services: The company’s rights issue was subscribed 1.3 times, resulting in a demand generation of over Rs 4000 crore.
7. Affle (India) Limited: The company will acquire an 8 percent stake in Talent Unlimited Online Services Pvt Ltd (Bobble AI), India for a total cash consideration of Rs 19.8 crore.
8. ABB India: The company reported 82 percent fall in Q1FY21 net profit to Rs 10.9 crore as against Rs 29.2 crore while revenue was reported at Rs 634.3 crore versus Rs 811.9 crore, down 41.6 percent, YoY.
9. Cummins India: Q1FY21 net profit fell 65.3 percent to Rs 53 crore from Rs 152.6 crore while revenue declined 62.8 percent to Rs 502.8 crore from Rs 1,351.7 crore, YoY. EBITDA plunged 98.7 percent to Rs 1.9 crore from Rs 151.7 crore while EBITDA margin decreased to 0.4 percent from 11.2 percent, YoY.
The company reported a loss of Rs 15.3 crore in Q1FY21 as against a profit of Rs 62.8 crore in Q1FY20. Revenue fell 53.3 percent to Rs 664.9 crore from Rs 1,392.4 crore, YoY. Ashish Bhandari will be the company’s new MD and CEO.