One of India's largest steel manufacturer JSW Steel is set to report its first-quarter results today.Â The stock has fallen 40 percent in the last ten months. It is trading at a fresh 52-week low currently.
Here's what the Street is expecting today:
- Looking at the consolidated numbers, the topline should de-grow around 2 percent, operating profit should be down nearly around 24 percent odd.
- Margin compression would be nearly around 450-500 basis points.
- Production numbers have shown a bit of growth of around 2-3 percent.
- Sales volumes are likely to be more or less flattish or mildly negative.
- Lower demand, particularly in terms of the auto sector and lack of avenues to go ahead, will impact the topline.
- Besides, the realisations as well have been quite weak. EBITDA is expected at Rs 9400 to 9500 per tonne.
- The coated steel business will see some pressure.
- Profit numbers take a harder hit because of the lower operating profit, higher interest cost as well as higher depreciation cost.