Infosys will report its March-quarter earnings after market hours on Friday and analysts expect a steady quarter from the country's second-largest software services provider.
Also Read: TCS Q4 results today: Here are key expectations
- The street is expecting a steady quarter for Infosys powered by large deal ramp-ups, the weak seasonality that is seen in the March quarter, dollar revenue growth 2.2 percent, constant currency growth 1.9 percent
- Margins could be under pressure as the rupee is appreciated by nearly 1.5 percent in the quarter. Also the company is trying to counter high attrition and also staggered out its wage hike. So some part of it will play out in Q4
- Profits could go up by 8.5 percent because, in the prior quarter, they were depressed on account of a one-time increase in the depreciation
- The key will be FY20 guidance, consensus stands at 8-10 percent. This would compel with 8.5-9 percent guidance for FY19, which means no meaningful acceleration at least going by the consensus expectations
- The margin guidance will be key because the expectation is that it will come down by 100 basis points (bps) to 21-23 percent