0

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

videos | IST

Govt writes to ISPs to block internet access to 47 more mobile apps

After the Narendra Modi government blocked 43 Chinese mobile apps on national security grounds, the Centre on Wednesday has written to Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to block another 47 applications.

After the Narendra Modi government blocked 43 Chinese mobile apps on national security grounds, the Centre on Wednesday has written to Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to block another 47 applications.
Some of the applications that have been identified are SHAREit, BeautyPlus, BeautyCam, MakeupPlus, Makeup Camera, and games like Clash Of Queens, Clash Of Kings amongst others.
India on Tuesday had blocked 43 Chinese mobile apps, including Alibaba Group Holding's e-commerce app AliExpress, in a fresh wave of web sanctions amid its border standoff with China.
The banned applications, which include a few dating apps, were a threat to the "sovereignty and integrity of India", an official statement said in New Delhi.
The ministry of electronics and IT issued the order for blocking the access of these apps by users in India based on the comprehensive reports received from Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Center, Ministry of Home Affairs, the release said.
Earlier on June 29 this year, the government had blocked access to 59 mobile apps and on September 2, another 118 apps were banned under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act.
Watch the video for more.