State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) is all set to announce its quarterly results on Tuesday. Here's what to expect from the lender today:
- A net loss of Rs 1,520 crore on account of elevated slippages and the new tax regime is expected.
- Slippages may remain at an elevated level of Rs 5,000 crore. This compares to about Rs 5,400 crore in the previous quarter.
- The asset quality is expected to deteriorate a bit. Last quarter the gross non-performing assets (NPA) were at 16.5 percent.
- The provisions can remain on the higher side for two key reasons — elevated slippages and ageing of NPAs.
- The loan growth is expected to remain muted or decline. Last quarter the loan growth was at 1.5 percent year-on-year (YoY). A compression is expected in the net interest margin as well.