Financial services company Muthoot Finance is set to declare its December quarter earnings today. It is expected to be a weak quarter for the company. Here are the key expectations:
- A contraction is expected in the net interest margin this time due to the rise in the cost of funds.
- Loan growth is seen anywhere between 10 and 12 percent.
- Any improvement in gross NPA will be positive. Last quarter it was at 3.4 percent.
- CNBC-TV18 poll suggests net interest income (NII) growth of 18.6 percent YoY. NII is likely to decline by 9.6 percent QoQ.
- Net profit is expected to be up 33.5 percent YoY while it can contract by 25 percent on a sequential basis.