Mumbai-based IndusInd Bank is all set to announce its quarterly results on Thursday. In Q1, the loan growth was around 28 percent. Here's what to expect from the lender today:
- Operationally, it should be a strong quarter for the bank and the operating profit should come out well in terms of growth rate because loan growth is expected at over 25 percent.
- The loan growth will primarily be driven by the retail portfolio — that’s a high yielding portfolio while you can see a bit of slowdown in the corporate portfolio. That should lead to net interest margin being sustained at 4 percent. Last quarter it was at 4.05 percent.
- However, provisions have to be made especially on account of mark-to-market loss on DHFL, but do not expect slippages from Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) as well as the Essel Group.
- The gross non-performing assets (NPA) are likely to remain stable. They were at 2.15 percent in the previous quarter.
- A net interest income (NII) growth of 5 percent is likely while net profit on account of higher provision can decline by 3.7 percent.