The index of industrial production (IIP) data for July and retail inflation data for August will be released later this evening. Here are the key expectations:
- The consumer price index (CPI) data for August is estimated to come at a marginally higher level at around 3.28 percent versus 3.15 percent a month earlier.
- The core CPI is estimated to come in at around 4.16 percent, marginally lower on a month-on-month basis.
- If retail inflation does come at sub-4 percent, it will be the 13th month in a row for a sub-4 percent figure.
- The food and beverage inflation is expected to see an uptick at around 3 percent versus 2.33 percent on account of a lower base.
- For IIP, one can expect a little bit of an uptick as compared to the previous months. July IIP is expected at around 2.26 percent versus 2 percent on a MoM basis.