Consumer price index (CPI) and wholesale price index (WPI) data will be released on Monday. Here's what is expected:Consumer price index (CPI)
Wholesale price index (WPI)
- The CPI for December is expected to soften. It is expected to be around 2.26 percent compared to 2.33 percent of November.
- The reason for CPI to soften continues to be food prices. The food and beverage inflation is expected to decline by around a percent to a percent and a half.
- Petrol and diesel prices softening because of Brent crude will reflect in core inflation.
- Similar trend is expected in WPI as well. The poll suggests that December WPI is expected to be 4.57 percent compared to 4.6 percent in November.
- The range will remain between 4.1 percent and 5 percent.