The countdown has begun for interim Budget 2019. With just two days left for the Budget, CNBC-TV18 tells you what each sector is expecting from the finance minister Piyush Goyal on February 1.
Here's what the information technology players are expecting from the Budget:
- IT industry body Nasscom has submitted its list of recommendations, asking for foreign tax credit provisions to be in line with business trends.
- It has also asked for a reduction in the rates of tax deducted at source (TDS) for payment to call centers from 10 percent to 2 percent.
- It has also asked for a decision with respect to rescaling of employees for fitting digital capabilities.
Here are the key expectations of telecom sector from the Budget:
- Telecom sector’s Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has sent its list of recommendations. The recommendations are said to be specific to reducing levies and infusion of funds.
- It is also seeking an exemption from goods and services tax (GST) on spectrum payments, licence fees and usage charges.