As the ecommerce sector prepares for new rules under the FDI policy, this is what they want from the government in Budget 2019.
- Remove the 1 percent tax collected at source (TCS)
- 1 percent TCS has led to technical issues & registration trouble in some states
- Government should further push digital payments on ecommerce platforms
- Cash on delivery orders are still 50 percent of overall orders: red seer
- Cash on delivery orders see 15 percent higher product returns and order cancellations: Red Seer
- Companies want more clarity on FDI policy and ecommerce policy