It is a big day for the Modi government as it gets ready to present its last budget ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Finance minister Piyush Goyal will present the Budget around 11 am today.
CNBC-TV18's Shereen Bhan takes you through the big expectations from this Budget:
- A large part of the speech is going to focus on the governmentâ€™s report card.
- If one goes by what President Kovindâ€™s said in his address to the Parliament, the government will give itself an A+.
- Farm package is likely to get attention.
- There could be sweetener for salaried class.
- The government will attempt to address the issues in the labour intensive sectors.
- Promises will be made on creating new jobs, poverty alleviation and much more if the government were to be voted back to power.