Public sector lender State Bank of India (SBI) is set to release its first-quarter earnings today. Here are the key expectations:
- Treasury gains are expected to be strong for the bank.
- Analysts are expecting slippages to be around Rs 8,000-10,000 crore.
- Provisions could remain high.
- Elevated slippages & moratorium book to impact provisions.
- Asset quality is set to improve; analysts are expecting 15-20 basis points (bps) improvement in the asset quality.
- Loan growth is expected to remain between 6 percent and 8 percent.
- Net Interest Margins are expected to remain stable or improve.