• SENSEX
    NIFTY 50
VIDEOS
Business

S Chand & Company sees 15% overall growth in FY19

Updated : May 31, 2018 12:43:42 IST

For FY19, the company expect the organic growth to be in range of 14-15% in print business and 35-40% in digital side of the business. So, overall growth would in range of 15%, said Himanshu Gupta, Managing Director, S Chand & Company Ltd.

Speaking to CNBC-TV18, he said, "This year, the margins declined marginally because of Goods and Service Tax (GST) implementation, but would be able to maintain margins around 25% in the coming year and likely improve them by 100-150 basis points in couple of years."

With regards to acquisitions, he said the company is close to completing one in the print segment, in the first quarter. The revenue size is anywhere between Rs 75-80 crore topline in FY19 and earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) would be around 27-28%.

The deal size would be above Rs 100 core but the company would be paying 51% in first tranche and the promoters would continue to run the business for the next four to five years and then would acquire remaining 49% at the agreed multiple, he added.

S Chand & Company Ltd is also looking at more acquisition opportunities.

Education sector focused publishing company, S Chand & Company Ltd, reported good set of numbers in the fourth quarter of FY18. Q4 is traditionally the strongest quarter as new academic session begins.

The pure digital segment contributed around Rs 30-32 crore to the total revenues.

The revenues in the quarter were up 20.5% compared to the same quarter last fiscal at Rs 794.4 crore against Rs 659.2 crore and year-on-year EBITDA was up in Q4 by 16.3% at Rs 192.65 crore. However, EBITDA margins were a bit down at 24.3% against 25.1%.
cnbc two logos
To keep watching CNBC-TV18, India's No. 1 English Business News Channel, call your Cable or DTH Operator and subscribe now for just Rs. 4 per month. You can also subscribe to CNBC-TV18 Prime HD for Re 1/- per month.Find out more
Live TV

recommended for you

Advertisement