Oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries (RIL) is all set to announce its second-quarter results on Friday. The stock is up 25 percent from the August lows. Also, it is less than 3 percent away from a 52-week high. The September quarter is expected to be very good for the company. Here's what to expect:
- The consolidated profit is expected to rise 8 percent.
- The refining business has seen an improvement. So, the gross refining margins are seen risen to $9.5 per barrel versus $8.1 per barrel last quarter. That will result in an EBITDA bump up as well.
- The Singapore complex margins have also been quite strong at $6.5 per barrel.
- However, the petrochemical business has been a bit weak and that continues because of lower prices.
- On the telecom business, the subscriber growth has been robust. There is an expectation of 24 million subscribers addition in Q2 itself.
- On retail too, the growth is expected to be quite strong.
Network18, the parent company of CNBCTV18.com, is controlled by Independent Media Trust, of which Reliance Industries is the sole beneficiary.RIL, the promoter of Reliance Jio, also controls Network18, the parent company of CNBCTV18.com.