State-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) is set to report its quarterly earnings on Friday.Here is what one can expect from the numbers:
- PNB has to make a provision of Rs 5,315 crore in the remaining fiscal, which may keep pressure on the earnings.
- Slippages can come down to Rs 4,000 crore versus Rs 7,300 crore, as per analysts.
- Any improvement in gross non-performing assets (NPAs), which were at 18.26 percent, will be positive. However, provisions are expected to remain elevated not only on account of Nirav Modi’s account but also mark-to-market losses and ageing of NPAs.
- The loan growth is expected to remain tepid at and around 3-5 percent. Last quarter it was close to 4 percent.
- CNBC-TV18’s poll suggests net interest income (NII) growth of just 1.1 percent while the bank is likely to report a net loss of Rs 1,200 crore versus a profit of Rs 560 crore in the same quarter previous year.