ICICI Bank Ltd is scheduled to release its earnings for the December 2018 quarter today and analysts expect a strong set of numbers. A key thing to watch out for will be the slippages or the accretion of bad loans in a particular quarter, analysts believe. They estimate slippages to stand at Rs 2,400-3,000 crore for the December quarter, an improvement from Rs 3,120 crore in the previous quarter.
- Loan growth is expected to remain fairly strong between 14 percent and 15 percent on a global basis and Q2 was a little less than 13 percent.
- According to CNBC-TV18's poll, net interest income (NII) is expected to grow about 18 percent, highest in the last 15 quarters.
- The company is expected to report a growth in its net profit for the first time in last seven quarters. Net profit is likely to come in at Rs 1,800 crore.
- The total stressed assets are expected to remain Rs 23,500 crore or 4.3 percent of the book. There can also be gains from recovery in key stressed accounts that are under National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
- With the new management at helm, analysts will also focus on the guidance.