Hindalco Industries is likely to report its Q2FY20 numbers on Monday.Here's what to expect:
What to watch
- Topline is expected to decline by around 5 percent.
- Operating profit will decline by more than 25 percent.
- Net profit is likely to see a big slide and is likely to come down by around 70 percent, at Rs 75-80 crore.
- Close to around 15-20 percent of aluminium sales would be hedged at around $2,100 per tonne. The price in the past quarter on an average was around $1,800 per tonne.
- The street is expecting a growth of around 8-9 percent to 87,000 tonne in its copper business.
- Decline in prices of major base metals is likely to weigh on performance.
- Impact of lower London Metal Exchange (LME) was partially offset by aluminium sales hedged at higher prices and by rupee depreciation.