HDFC Life and ICICI Prudential Life Insurance are set to report their quarterly results on Tuesday.
Here are key expectationsHDFC Life
- The company is expected to give a strong result.
- The total first year premium has grown by 37 percent year-on-year (YoY).
- It will continue to see an uptrend in the market share.
- Value of new business margin would be at 24 percent for the nine months period and that is an uptick of close to 200 basis points (bps) on a YoY basis. One basis point is a hundredth of a percentage point.
- The company is expected to report a weak set of numbers.
- Market share in individual policies will decline.
- First year premium should grow at 10.2 percent but the individual segment is expected to record a de-growth or a decline in growth YoY both in single and the non-single premium.
- One key thing to watch out for will be the value of new business margin. Anything above 17 percent will be positive.