Indian motorcycle and commercial vehicle manufacturer and the parent of Royal Enfield, Eicher Motors is set to report its first-quarter results on Wednesday. The stock is trading close to its 52-week low. It has fallen 30 percent in 2019.
Here are the key expectations:
- Both, Royal Enfield, as well as the commercial vehicle (CV) business, will likely report poor performance.
- The revenues are expected to fall by 6 percent. The EBITDA will go down by 21 percent.
- Royal Enfield is likely to have underperformed all its peers in the two-wheeler space.
- Royal Enfield volumes were down almost 19 percent year-on-year (YoY), which will reflect in the quarterly numbers.
- CV volumes were down almost 20 percent, which will reflect in the overall numbers.
- Analysts are expecting the margins to fall to 26 percent versus an average of 30-31 percent in the preceding six quarters.