Automobile giant Bajaj Auto is set to declare its third-quarter results on Thursday and it is expected to be a decent set of numbers this time as some recovery was seen in volumes for the sector.Here are the key expectations:
- For Bajaj Auto, revenues are likely to be up 4.5 percent at Rs 7,750 crore on a year-on-year (YoY) basis.
- Margins are expected to improve to 16 percent versus 15.5 percent.
- As is the case with the entire industry, the safety norms have gone up because of which the prices have been hiked and passed on to the consumer. So average selling prices will go up.
- Raw material costs have softened and that will aide margins as well this time.
- Realisations are expected to rise 9.4 percent YoY to Rs 64,360 per unit.
- There are some changes in the tax rates and the profit after tax (PAT) growth could be impacted because of that. PAT growth of just about 8 percent is expected.