Axis Bank, India's fourth-largest private sector bank, is in focus today as it has announced a deal in which the lender will acquire 29 percent stake in Max Life Insurance.
Besides, the lender is set to announce its quarterly earnings later in the day. Here's what to expect from the bank today:
Read: Axis Bank shares rise 5% on Max Life deal announcement; Q4 earnings eyed
- The key thing to watch out for will be the loan growth. Anything above 14-15 percent will be taken positively.
- Analysts are expecting the slippages to remain elevated around Rs 6,500 crore.
- The Street expects a net interest income (NII) growth of 15 percent.
- The net profit will likely rise by 5 percent.
- Movement in gross non-performing assets (NPAs) will be seen closely.