Indian paint company Asian Paints is set to report its second-quarter results later today. The stock has been an outperformer since the last quarter on good Q1 earnings. It has risen about 32 percent since then.
Here's what to expect from the company today:
- The street is expecting Asian Paints to outperform amid an otherwise weak consumer sentiment.
- Lower input cost will boost the margins.
- Volumes would be supported by the recent capacity addition.
- A 12 percent growth is expected in the company’s topline at Rs 5,200 crore.
- EBITDA should grow much higher, 32.5 percent.
- The street is working with margins of 20 percent which would be the highest in the paint industry.
- On the back of the strong EBITDA, strong topline and lower tax, the street is expecting the company to post 33 percent growth on the bottomline at Rs 673 crore.