Cryptocurrencies in 2021: 2021 will go down in history as the year when Bitcoin and other cryptos went mainstream. These coins and tokens became popular this year, from coins like Ether, Cardano, and Solana to Shiba Inu and Dogecoin. But some of the coins were more loved than others. Here's a list of top cryptos of 2021 people cared about the most, which is why their web views surged. Check out how much money you'd have made had you invested in them a year ago. The data is taken from CoinMarketCap's 2021 wrapped list.
5. Ether (ETH): Ether, the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, is the fifth most-viewed crypto in 2021. It has also outperformed Bitcoin by a mile. If you had invested Rs 1000 in it at the beginning of 2021, you'd have made Rs 5,000.
4. Cardano (ADA): It is the sixth-largest cryptocurrency by market cap and was one of the most viewed coins of 2021, given its 630 percent rally in 2021.
3. Dogecoin (DOGE): Dogecoin was the third-most viewed crypto in 2021. Created as a joke or a meme coin, but if you'd have invested Rs 1,000 in the coin at the beginning of 2021 when the coin was worth $0.0046, you'd have made Rs 37,000 by now.
2. Bitcoin (BTC): Bitcoin was the second-most viewed coin in 2021. It was created in 2009 but became mainstream in 2020-21. At the beginning of 2021, if you had invested in Bitcoin, you would have made over 60 percent returns.
1. Shiba Inu (SHIB): Shiba Inu, the coin created in April 2021 as a 'Dogecoin killer,' was the most cared and viewed coin in 2021. And why not? While the coin was created only this year, if you had invested Rs 1,000 in the coin in April, you would have made Rs 1.31 lakh.