NIFTY 50

ClearTax's Archit Gupta debunks income tax deduction myths

Updated : February 08, 2019 06:22 PM IST

If you are a salaried person and your employer offers house rent allowance (HRA), you can claim exemption on the rent payments you make against the HRA paid to you. The employer will give you this benefit directly if you submit your rent receipts.
Your PF contributions to the EPF account are not taxable. In fact, you can claim them as deductions under Section 80C. Please note that the deduction made under Section 80C can be claimed to a maximum limit of Rs 1,50,000.
While planning your monthly budget, you may set aside some amount for doing the SIP. Ensure that you stay committed to your SIPs for achieving financial goals.
ClearTax's Archit Gupta debunks income tax deduction myths
primo org
Have you signed up for Primo, our daily newsletter?
It has all the stories and data on the market, business, economy and tech that you need to know.
cnbc two logos
To keep watching CNBC-TV18, India's No. 1 English Business News Channel, call your Cable or DTH Operator and subscribe now for just Rs. 4 per month. You can also subscribe to CNBC-TV18 Prime HD for Re 1/- per month.Find out more

You May Also Like

Live TV